This plugin enables WordPress to work with SQLite. You don’t have to prepare MySQL database server or its configuration. SQLite is a self-contained, serverless, transactional SQL database engine. It is not a full-featured database system like MySQL or PostgreSQL, but it best fits for low to medium traffic websites.
SQLite Integration is a kind of wrapper program, which is placed between WordPress and SQLite database and works as a mediator. It works as follows:
- Intercepts the SQL statement for MySQL from WordPress
- Rewrites it for SQLite to execute
- Give it to SQLite
- Gets the results from SQLite
- Formats the results as WordPress wants, if necessary
- Give the results back to WordPress
WordPress thinks she talks with MySQL and doesn’t know what has happened in the background. She really talks with SQLite and will be happy with it.
SQLite Integration is a successor to PDO for WordPress plugin, which unfortunately enough, doesn’t seem to be maintained any more. SQLite Integration uses the basic idea and structures of that plugin and adds some more features or some utilities.
- Fixed some bugs for using with WP Slimstat plugin.
- Display admin notice when not replacing the old db.php with the new one (when necessary).
- Add the feature for replacing the old db.php file with the button click.
- Fixed the Japanese translation catalog file.
- Fixed the bug of error messaging control for the unknown query.
- Fixed the bug for ‚SQL_CALC_FOUND_ROW’ statement. This is for the main query, WP_Query class and WP_Meta_Query concerning paging information.
- Fixed the bug that the back quote in the comments was removed.
- Added the feature to download a backup file to a local machine.
- Revised all the doc strings in the sourcse code for PHP documentor.
- Changed the documentation.
- Fixed minor bugs and typos.
- Tested to install WordPress 3.8.2 and 3.9 beta.
- Augumented the plugin compatibility list.
- Some functions in wp-db.php, which was disabled by the plugin, is enabled and can be used.
- Some more user defined functions are added.
- Tested WordPress 3.8 installation and compatibility.
- Add the optional feature to change the database from SQLite to MySQL.
- Changed the install instruction in the readme.txt.
- Add the code to check if the SQLite library was compiled with the option ‚ENABLE_UPDATE_DELETE_LIMIT’.
- Changed the admin panel style to fit for WordPress 3.8.
- Restricted the direct access to the files that works in the global namespace.
- Fixed some minor bugs about the information in the dashboard.
- Changed the screenshot.
- Tested WordPress 3.7.1 installation.
- Fixed the rewriting process of BETWEEN function. This is a critical bug. When your newly created post contains ‚between A and B’ phrase, it is not published and disappears.
- Fixed the admin dashboard display when using MP6.
- Fixed the Japanese catalog.
- Added the procedure for returning the dummy data when using SELECT version().
- Added the procedure for displaying column informatin of WordPress tables when WP_DEBUG enabled.
- Added the database maintenance utility for fixing the database malfunction of the upgraded WordPress installation.
- Changed the manipulation of SHOW INDEX query with WHERE clause.
- Fixed the bug of the manipulation of ALTER TABLE query.
- Added the backup utility that creates the zipped archive of the current snapshot of the database file.
- Changed the dashboard style to match MP6 plugin.
- Changed the way of putting out the error messages when language catalogs are not loaded.
- Modified the _rewrite_field_types() in query_create.class.php for the dbDelta() function to work properly.
- Added the support for BETWEEN statement.
- Changed the regular expression to remove all the index hints from the query string.
- Fixed the manipulation of ALTER TABLE CHANGE COLUMN query for NewStatPress plugin to work.
- Fixed minor bugs.
- Removed wpdb::real_escape property following the change of the wpdb.php file which makes the plugin compatible with WordPress 3.6.
- Fixed the date string format and its quotation for calendar widget.
- Fixed the patch utility program for using on the Windows machine.
- Fixed the textdomain error in utilities/patch.php file when uploading the patch file.
- Changed the manipulation of the query with ON DUPLICATE KEY UPDATE.
- Fixed the typos in readme.txt and readme-ja.txt.
- Fixed the manipulation of DROP INDEX query.
- Removed destruct() from shutdown_hook.
- Enabled LOCATE() function in the query string.
- First release version of the plugin.